The Citadel Building is located in Washington, DC’s hip and trendy Adams Morgan neighborhood and has gone through many different purposes since it was built in the 1940’s. The building has served as the National Arena featuring a public roller rink with bowling alley before becoming the Citadel Motion Picture Center in the mid 1980’s. Douglas Development acquired the building in the mid-2000’s and converted it into a mixed used retail and residential building featuring a grocery store, lofty apartments and underground parking. Construction financing was provided by Lafayette.
- 73,215 rentable square feet (46,445 sf retail, 26,770 sf residential)
- Built 1940; Acquired 2004; Redeveloped 2006 & 2013
- Three-story mixed use building
- The Citadel Apartments opened in Spring, 2013 featuring 39 loft style apartments. For apartment leasing information click here.
- Parking on two-levels below grade with 70 parking spaces
- Metro Access: Five blocks from Columbia Heights or U Street (Green, Yellow Lines)
- Harris Teeter
- Cross Fit
- 39 loft apartments