655 New York features world class design mixed with historic buildings and a sleek new modern mid-rise glass building. This one-of-a-kind signature Douglas Development and Brookfield Properties project is an assembly of 19 historic buildings on a triangle shaped block between New York Avenue, 7th and L Streets in the city’s Mt. Vernon Square adjacent to the Washington Convention Center. The completed mega-complex features trophy office space and prime retail, helping to continue the renaissance of this neighborhood.
Watch Douglas Development move a historic building to preserve it within the 655 New York Avenue project.
- Total size of the project: 756,000 SF; 678,000 SF Office; 79,000 SF Retail
- Historic buildings built in early 1900’s; Acquire from 2001 to 2013
- Modern mid-rise tower to be 10-levels above grade
- Adjacent to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center
- Metro Access: Adjacent to Mt. Vernon Square (Green, Yellow Lines)
- The Capital Burger
- Compass Coffee
- Rumi’s Kitchen
- Pearl’s Bagels
- Jeremiah Langhorne Restaurant