The primary role of the Tenant Project Manager is to shepherd new tenants into the Douglas Development portfolio from initial lease negotiations through tenant opening. This process includes the review of lease documents, the planning of construction projects, and overseeing progress in a timely and cost-effective manner. The Tenant Project Manager is responsible for budgeting, organization, implementation, and scheduling projects, while also providing a best-in-class service to the end user.
Tenant Project Manager reports directly to senior level leasing team and principals of the firm to ensure lease transaction are executed in a smooth and timely manner.
- Lease review and negotiation
- Scoping and hiring of consultants (not limited to civil engineer, architect, and MEP engineer)
- Entitlement and permitting with local jurisdiction
- Supervision and oversight of design and construction team, directing projects from beginning to end
- Review the project plans and specifications, building design and scheduling
- Handle overall project finances including managing the budget and tracking expenses
- Coordinates with Contractor to oversee all onsite and offsite construction to ensure timely turnover of project.
- Manage Contractor to monitor the status of budget, material tracking, and schedule
- Change order management
- Manage requisitions – compile & review, submit to owner, track payment
- Manage project closeout
- Prepare internal and external reports
- Bachelor’s degree, focus on engineering, construction management, or relevant field is encouraged
- 3 years relevant project management experience