Description

From the late 1800’s until its closing in the 1990’s, this historic building was the home to the legendary Woodward & Lothrop flagship department store.  With the acquisition of this famous landmark, Douglas Development began a successful two-year entitlement process to rezone the property from a department store/arts use to office and retail uses.  After the entitlements were secured, the building’s interior was fully renovated and the facades restored.  A new two-story metal and glass roof addition provided an additional 60,000 square feet of class A office space.  Construction financing for the project was provided by HSBC Bank.

Facts

  • 498,000 rental square feet (92,850 sf retail; 405,150 sf office)
  • Built in the late 1800′s; Acquired in 1999; Redeveloped in 2003-2005
  • Ten-story building featuring retail and class A office space
  • Encompasses one entire city block bound by F, G, 10th and 11th Streets
  • Metro Access:  Sits directly above Metro Center (Red, Blue, Orange Lines)

Tenants

Retail Tenants:

  • Forever 21
  • H&M
  • Madame Tussauds
  • Zara

 

Major Office Tenants:

  • General Services Administration
  • National Endowment for Democracy
  • The PEW Charitable Trusts
  • Recording Industry Association