The complex originally housed the traction facility for a streetcar company. The oldest building on the site, the west building at 1346 Florida Ave, was built in 1877. The complex became a printing plant in 1892 and it was converted into a laundry in 1905. It is part of the expansion of Washington’s urban core and industrial development along Florida Avenue. This historic property features three buildings with ideal space for office or retail in the heart of the U Street neighborhood. The building is just 3 blocks to the U Street Metro Station.
- 81,453 rentable square feet
- Building A: 30,454 sf; Building B: 44,424 sf; Building C: 6,575 sf
- Built 1911; Acquired 1998
- Mixed use two and three story buildings
- Class C office space or ideal for a large retail user
- Metro Access: Three blocks from U Street (Green, Yellow Lines)