This property was originally built in 1937 and expanded in 1948 as the central warehouse for the Hecht Company Department Stores. The six story building was constructed in a Streamline Modern style featuring glass block extensively, culminating in a twelve-point star shaped cupola at the corner that is illuminated at night. Douglas Development purchased the building in 2011 and is currently redeveloping the property into a mixed-use retail and residential complex. Construction has began on a new seven story adjacent garage with 900+ parking spaces.
The new Hecht Warehouse District will be a dynamic mixed used development featuring shopping, dining and residential.
- 463,648 rentable square feet
- Built in 1937 – 1948; Acquired 2011; Redevelopment began in 2013
- 250,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space
- 300 modern residential units
- 900+ space parking garage