World class design mixed with historic row buildings and a sleek new modern mid-rise glass building will make up this one-of-a-kind signature Douglas Development project on New York Avenue. The property is an assembly of almost a dozen buildings on a triangle shaped block between New York Avenue, 7th and L Streets in the city’s Mt. Vernon Square adjacent to the Washington Convention Center. Upon completion, the new mega-complex will feature trophy office space and prime retail helping to continue the renaissance of this neighborhood.
Watch Douglas Development move a historic building to preserve it within the 655 New York Avenue project.
- Total size of the project: 756,000 SF; 678,000 SF Office; 79,000 SF Retail
- Historic buildings built in early 1900′s; Acquire from 2001 to 2013
- Modern mid-rise tower to be 10-levels above grade
- Adjacent to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center
- Metro Access: Adjacent to Mt. Vernon Square (Green, Yellow Lines)
Before we begin construction on the redevelopment of this property, several of the existing historic buildings have tenants in them. The historic Acme Stove building at the corner of 7th Street and New York Avenue has already been redeveloped.