A visionary in the Washington development scene, Douglas Development Corporation (DDC) has been a leader in the redevelopment of historical proprieties since its inception. With a dynamic portfolio in excess of 9 million square feet and counting; DDC is looking for individuals who have the drive and vision to keep pushing the boundaries in development.
The Financial Analyst plays a critical role in providing underwriting for acquisitions, dispositions, future development projects and customary refinancing. He/she will work closely to track debt portfolio, monitor reserve and escrow accounts, property sales and refinances. As part of the Finance department, the perfect candidate is collaborative and will work closely with Leasing, Accounting, Construction and Property Management. The Financial Analyst must be a go-getter, capable of handling multiple projects and striving to be a leader.
• Evaluate prospective acquisitions of existing assets and development opportunities by creating and utilizing ARGUS and excel models and alternative scenario analyses.
• Prepare property evaluations and maintain cash flow forecasting models for portfolio properties and update for new leases and changes in market conditions.
• Prepare analyses for leases, capital improvements and other opportunities for portfolio properties
• Participate in the due diligence process for acquisitions, including site visits, market/feasibility analyses, coordination of third-party vendors, and identification and resolution of issues.
• Monitor and analyzes trends in the commercial real finance, general business and industry conditions in target investment areas
• Complete research projects including tenant credit quality, market reports, commercial real estate debt and equity markets, and other business opportunities.
• Maintain acquisition pipeline reporting.
• BA or BS in Finance/ Real estate;
• 3-5 years’ experience in commercial real estate;
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills to include proficiency in ARGUS and excel;
• Persistent, tireless, energetic, driven, committed, self-directed work style;
• Superior written and verbal communications skills; capable of managing up.
Douglas Development Corporation offers a compelling salary, benefits and a desirable downtown location. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter to: Douglas Development No phone calls, please. EOE M/F/V/H